Powered by Blogger.

6 Beauty Hacks I swear by


I love a good beauty hack, who doesn’t? If there’s something that’s going to make your routine just that little bit quicker or easier, then why wouldn’t you want to know about it?!
I use quite a few beauty hacks on a daily basis, so much so that they’re just the norm to me, so I thought I’d share my very best ones with you today.

1. Apply concealer underneath foundation

If you have any blemishes or redness on the skin, I find that applying a skin-coloured concealer on the areas before your foundation really helps to cover things a bit more. Some people will do this once the foundation is on, called ‘spot concealing’ but doing this step first will make your base look much more flawless and even.

2. Use your beauty sponge to apply setting powder

You’ve probably heard of dipping your damp sponge into loose powder, but have you ever tried it with pressed powders too? I set my whole face, undereyes and all, using this technique. Again I find it creates a more flawless complexion, and also adds a bit more coverage this way too.

3. Tilt your head back slightly to see if your eyebrows are level with each other

I know, ‘eyebrows are sisters not twins’, but there’s nothing worse than one eyebrow ending up higher than the other. This method of tilting my head back whilst looking into an up-close mirror always works for me, and shows me where I need to fill in. Just try it, and thank me later.


4. Wait until your nail colour is dry before adding a top coat

If you really want to get the most out of your nail polish, try this trick. This can stop my nails from chipping for up to a week. I used to apply the top coat straight after the colour underneath and they would just chip the next day. Give it some time to dry first, trust me!

5. Apply setting spray before you apply mascara

This is a crucial hack in my routine for me. If I ever forget and apply my mascara first, it will always end up all over my eyelids. You ideally want to avoid getting your mascara wet at all costs, so apply your setting spray, allow to dry, and then put your mascara on. Voila!

6. Only fake tan the areas on show

This is a really lazy one, and one I probably shouldn’t admit either. But most of the time I will only apply self tan to my neck/chest area, plus my arms & hands. This totally depends on what you’re wearing of course, and how lazy you’re feeling, but it’s a good quick fix!



And those are my 6 best beauty hacks that I totally swear by! I hope you found at least one new trick to try out. Do let me know your favourite hacks below too.

Cally x



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments