Powered by Blogger.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Shades 1 & 0 | Comparison


I know, I know, this concealer has been out for months now but this post was sat in my drafts unfinished for months, so I felt like I had to at least finish and publish it.

Before the new shade of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer was released, I would always use shade Fair 1, which doesnt really look too different when put side to side next to the new one. But the problem with this shade which I’m sure everyone else would agree, is that it oxidises to a few shades darker on the skin. I really like the concealer but this is a bit annoying especially when I’m at my palest, so I was really chuffed when I heard that Collection had released a lighter shade - shade 0 Extra Fair!


In comparison to each other on the skin, shade 1 is more on the pink side and Shade 0 more yellow, which is a bit of a difference in undertones but yellow is generally more brightening under the eyes than pink is. The consistency of the new shade is exactly the same as you’d expect so that’s great, still long-wearing and blendable like the original, and I don’t find it to go darker once applied which is even better. Think of it as just a brighter, more improved version of shade 1 Fair!


As you can tell on my fair skin, the top swatch (Shade 1 Fair) is more like my skin tone, but the bottom swatch (Shade 0 Extra Fair) is definitely brighter. Generally you should use a concealer shade which is lighter than your skin tone,  that’s why the new shade is definitely more suitable for me. I can now mix the two shades together to create a shade in between, allowing me to achieve the undereye coverage with the pink undertone as well as the brightening properties of the yellow undertone - it’s a really good combo. I still reach for both shades dependant on my tan, but will just use shade 0 alone for when I’m really pale.

All in all, Collection did really well to meet their customers needs of a lighter shade, and really nailed it. It’s super brightening, great for highlighting and amazing for very fair skin tones like mine!



Have you tried the new shade?

Cally x



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments