Powered by Blogger.

Life update | Blogging blues | Opening an Etsy shop


Hi! Wow it’s been soo long since I’ve even opened up and looked at Blogger never mind sat and typed up a post! I last posted in February I think, about my favourite blog photo props, but I just seemed to come to a sudden halt and totally abandon everything.

I feel like a lot of people have been feeling the same way lately, that they’re constantly trying to put in so much effort to type up posts and get the perfect photos, to get next to nothing back. I lost my passion and interest for it all and to be honest, had nothing to even write about anyway, so I’ve spent the past 6 months mainly focusing on my Instagram instead, trying to improve my photography and make my feed more consistent.


I have been thinking about getting back into it more and more lately but it was just finding the motivation, and being in the right frame of mind. We (bloggers) put so much pressure on ourselves to get content out regularly and it just gets on top of you, especially when juggling a job on the side too. I do feel like now is the right time for me to return to blogging, and to start taking things more seriously this time too. This time around I want to be able to work with more brands, but the only way to do this is to fully commit to a proper schedule and to up my content quality.


Something else I’ve been thinking about lately is quitting my job, I’ve wanted to do this for so long but I knew it would be silly with no other income, but since I’ve been focusing on Instagram I’ve been lucky enough to make a bit of money from it through paid ads. I know this isn’t something I can fully rely on, which is why I’ve decided to keep a couple of shifts a week at work for now as well as something else which I’ve been keeping secret. I’m a little scared but excited all the same, and have been planning this for weeks, but I have decided to open up my own Etsy shop!


This is all new to me and I don’t totally know what I’m doing but I know that it’s going to make me happier doing something I genuinely enjoy - I just really hope it works out! So what is it you ask? Well, a few months ago I decided to get creative with an empty box and I filled it with fake flowers for display on my shelves in my office. I’ve always wanted the real deal - you know the really expensive roses in a box that last a year - but ain’t nobody got £500 for that. So I figured, I could make my own versions of these boxes except with artificial flowers so they genuinely do last forever. I know it’s kind of risky just focusing on one style of product, but there’s actually so many variations possible, and I do plan on introducing other items eventually if everything goes to plan.

Do have a look at the links below - any support you can give would be appreciated so much, whether that just be a retweet, a follow, or even a sale!

Etsy shop | Instagram page



Until next time,

Cally
x



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments