Powered by Blogger.

Colourpop Give It To Me Straight eyeshadow palette | First impressions & Swatches


For some reason, Colourpop products make me way more excited than any others do, probably because they aren’t available to by directly here in the UK, so the whole waiting for your order to be shipped from L.A is pretty exciting.

As you may already know, I love affordable brands, and even though you get hit with the custom charges when ordering from America, I still think it’s well worth it. All of their products are inexpensive, but one of my favourites has to be their eyeshadow palettes.


This time around I ordered the Give It To Me Straight palette, as I didn’t think I needed another fully warm toned palette, and this one looked fairly neutral - plus I loved the look of the purple tones for autumn. I’ve only ordered from Colourpop once before, (see my first order post here) but my experience was a very positive one and their eyeshadow formula is now up there with some of my faves.


Since I already have two of their eyeshadow palettes already, I Think I Love You and Dream Street, I kind of knew what to expect when it came to their formula and pigmentation, so I was mainly looking forward to playing with some new tones and creating some different looks. I know a lot of people aren’t keen on neutral or cool tones but I like them, and find them to be more complimentary on my skin tone.

The palette is made up of 12 shades, 7 of which are matte and the other 5 shimmer. I definitely get more Autumn vibes from it than anything else, with its rich browns and burgundy purples. I really love both formulas, but especially the shimmers as they’re always so smooth and buttery. All shades are so beautiful, and I love the names they’ve been given too. You can create both warm & cool toned looks with this palette, I’m loving all the different looks I’m able to create! See swatches below -


Swatches from left to right;

Matter Of Fact
A pale pink matte shade, a bit too pink for me to use as a base but works well as a blending shade.

Up Front
A light gold, buttery shimmer shade, could be used as a highlight or on the inner corners.

Straight Up
The perfect taupe shade for everyday wear.

BS
A rich brown matte shade, with tiny flecks of gold glitter.

Frank
A deep, neutral brown, perfect for deepening the outer corners.

Candid
A beautiful shimmery peachy pink.


Forthright 
The prettiest purple toned shimmer, this one is a bit chunkier in terms of glitter.

Downright
A matte dusky pink shade, perfect for the crease.

Truth Hurts
A warm matte brown, another transition shade option.

Be Blunt
A vibrant burgundy purple shimmer shade.

TMI
A matte burgundy, pairs perfectly with the previous shade.

Actually 
Finally, a deep, cool toned brown with purple undertones.




Have you tried this palette?




Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments