Powered by Blogger.

The Body Shop's Matte Lip Liquid | First Impressions & Swatches


Last week I was one of the lucky winners over on The Body Shop's Twitter page to win a full set of their matte liquid lipsticks! They're a brand new product to be released and are retailed at £6 each, with 12 lovely shades to chose from. I've never actually tried anything from their makeup range so this was a good opportunity to see what I thought.

My first impressions on packaging and shade range was how similar they looked to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, with the simple text on the tube and a soft, black handle. These actually look slightly larger but both tubes contain 8ml. The shades are also similarly named after selected cities, although I'm pretty sure none of them are the same as the NYX ones.
The shades are fairly neutral in that there's no totally outrageous ones such as blue or green, although there are a couple of bright and bold shades. They range from brown to pink to red toned and are suitable for both day and night time use as both nude and dramatic shades are available.

My first impressions on formula was that it reminded me a lot of the NYX Lip Lingerie as it has a similar mousse-like, thick consistency. On the lips however, it didnt resemble it whatsoever as it doesn't fully set and dry the lips out. It took a good 5 minutes to became totally dry and non-transferable to touch, but once it did my lips felt soft and velvety. I found that the formula with some of the shades (mainly darker ones) didn't come off totally opaque, so I had to build the colour up with 2 layers on both my lips and the swatches below.
Overall they weren't drying at all and didn't crack on the lips but were still matte. They weren't the longest lasting when eating and drinking, would need touching up after a couple of hours but still very easy and comfortable to wear on. They also smell really nice, kind of like peaches but I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but definitely a fruity scent! I'd recommend for anyone who likes a matte lip but not the drying effect that most other formulas come with.


From top to bottom;

Windsor Rose
Crete Carnation
Nairobi Camellia
Taipei Orchid
Tokyo Lotus
Goa Magnolia
Paris Peony
Sydney Amaryllis
Cali Gerbera
Tahiti Hibiscus 
Mauritius Dahlia
Sicily Iris



Have you tried these liquid lipsticks yet?




No comments