Powered by Blogger.

Skincare | 3 to try



La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo[+]£15.50
This product has been very popular in the blogosphere featuring in numerous skincare posts, I don't think I've ever read anything bad about it. It's a specially formulated cream for blemish and oily-prone skin that corrects and reduces any marks, imperfections as well as oil. It took me a while to give in and try this product as I'm a little hesitant in believing that things actually work but I can say that this did, and I love it.
At first use, (and I've read this from other people too) it didn't seem to be doing much for me but after a couple of weeks I started to notice a difference. I feel like this product helped to keep my skin calm and keep breakouts at bay, it also left my skin feeling amazingly fresh in the morning as I'd apply before I went to bed.
Since using this I've gained a love for the brand and have tried a couple of other creams which target redness and pigmentation. None of their products contain alcohol or perfumes so is therefore suitable for use on sensitive skin. If you have oily skin which is rarely blemish free then this is definitely one to try!

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion | £13
Another popular product which arose when it was announced by Kylie Jenner herself that she used this on spots, is this targeting acne treatment. Also suitable for sensitive skin, this works intensely overnight to reduce breakouts by literally drying them out. I had this on a wishlist on one of my posts a few months back and my Mum read it and bought it for me (how lovely!) and I was really chuffed with it.
On the bottle it says not to shake as it will dilute the treatment and not work as intensely, and that the best way to apply is by dipping a cotton bud right into the pink substance and applying directly onto the effected area. When I first started using it, I don't think I was applying it correctly but I eventually got the hang of it and it's now one of my most used night time skin care products. It's highly effective in reducing spots and redness overnight, it has a kind of whitening effect on my skin. It also absorbs any oil on the area and leaves you feeling totally fresh and oil-free. It has quite a harsh smell to it but I don't mind as it works for me.
This was a very slow grower on me but now I will definitely be getting another once mine has ran out. I also want to try more from the brand next time including the Drying Cream and Buffering Lotion. This is the holy grail product for you if you suffer with angry breakouts.

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Rescue Cream-Mask£10
I've not really heard much about this product which is a shame because it's one of my favourite masks from The Body Shop. As it's a cream mask it doesn't set on the face or need washing off, although you can after an hour or two if you don't want to go to bed with it on.
When my skin's feeling a little sensitive I like to put this on all over my face. It has a calming scent, creamy texture and feels cool and soothing on the skin. I feel like this helps to hydrate and bring the moisture back to my face which I may lose from using oil-targeting products most of the time. It is advised on the tub to use 1-2 times a week and I always look forward to them evenings when I know I'll be using it.
I also use the Cream Cleanser and Aloe Gel from the range and it's a really lovely collection of products for when your skin needs to be soothed and nourished. This is one to try for sensitive or dry skin in need of some tlc.



Have you tried any of these skincare products?



No comments