Powered by Blogger.

December & 2015 favourites


Happy new year everyone! 2015 has now officially drawn to a close.. It's been a whirlwind! So what better way to start 2016 than with a big round up of all my favourite products from the year. This is my first time doing an end of year post as I only started my blog in October. I've found myself leaning more towards the beauty side of things lately so I'm going to do a mixture of favourites from beauty to lifestyle!

My favourite beauty products overall this year:


Two Face Natural Eyes Palette
I love this pretty little palette, it comes with 9 different shades and 3 styles marked day, classic and fashion. The pigmentation of the shadow itself is amazing and it's so long lasting. The colours in this specific palette are all so elegant and versatile. 

L'Oreal Color Riche palette
Although very worn and now broken (proves how much I've used it) this has been my favourite everyday palette of the year. It has most shades you need for everyday looks with a mixture of matte and shimmer and includes a couple of perfect shades for highlighting, and dark browns & black for shading. I also love the brush that came with it and use it everyday!

Benefit Hello Flawless foundation
This is my special occasion make up which I used for nights out, date nights and even Christmas Day. It's a really good quality product and I'm sad to see my little sample go but I shall be purchasing the larger version!

Roller Lash/Lash Sensational 
My two favourite mascaras of the year - I don't know why I was ever using anything else! I've put them together as I believe they are very similar in terms of curled brush, durability and overall finish.



L'Oreal Infallible primer
I've been through about 4 tubes of these this year - it's my absolute favourite primer, even better than Benefit POREfessional in my opinion. It's more of a gel consistency rather than silicone, applies so smoothly and is also mattifying - a win win!

L'Oreal Infallible & True match foundations
The two most used foundations for me of the year. I'm a L'Oreal convert after discovering their products earlier this year. These particular foundations are long lasting, give a great finish and are a good colour match with my skin. 

Rimmel Wake me up concealer
I'm not sure if I've spoken about this product yet but I love it! After trying many concealers trying to find the perfect everyday one I found this and I haven't looked back. It's a perfect shade for brightening up your under eyes - I've used ones that are slightly yellow in colour and I don't like that! It has a creamy texture and doesn't finish with creases so it's prefect.

Soap & Glory Archery Brow 
I've only just recently started using this about a week ago but I love it! I was never one for a defined brow, I always used a shadow for a more natural look but I am enjoying using the fine tip to create sharp brows.




Soap & Glory Peach Party
Another product I've not put down since I discovered is this lovely multi tonal blush/bronzer. The tones are so subtle and shimmery and I especially love the lightest shade for highlighting my brow bone and the corners of my eyes.

Mac Lip liner in Spice
This has been my 'go to' evening lip colour as its bold but not over powering in colour. Of course it's very long lasting and has the best finish used alone or with a nude lipstick.

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder
I've only been using this for a couple of weeks but I'm really liking how silky the powder feels on my skin, it doesn't look like I'm wearing any at all. This is definitely my new everyday powder!


Benefit Rockateur blush
(Not pictured - sorry!) A lovely rosy shade that I mainly use for evening makeup. It's so subtle and easy to blend and came with a handy brush as I got it in a party set.

Real Techniques Miracle Conplexion sponge
Ive not stopped using these since I got one to test out - I really don't know why I thought using my fingers to blend was ok. It's been a god send for me, creating flawless even looks.

Makeup Forever mist & fix setting spray
I got this from Sephora in Copenhagen to try out and I've actually been using it about 80% of the time. It sets your makeup lightly with a glowy finish and doesn't leave you looking greasy at all.



My favourite skin care products overall this year:


L'Oreal Magic Blur moisturiser 
This product was one of my first posts I ever did, I was really raving about it at the time and I still am. It's so soft in texture and really does leave your skin feeling silky smooth and ready for makeup. 

Boots Tea Tree Night time treatment gel
This is such a good product for an even better price! It's significantly reduced any problem areas and redness I had and continues to work daily as I use it every night before bed.

Body shop coconut body butter
Just a lovely butter with so many uses! I use on my knees & elbows before tanning as well as a moisturiser for my face, hands and lips.

Soap & Glory face scrub
I really like this face scrub because it's not too vigorous but it's just enough so that it cleanses your face nicely. It also smells of peaches! 

Soap & Glory Dr Spot
I use this for emergency breakouts which isn't as often lately (a miracle) thanks to my current tea tree routine. But when I do use it, it does help reduce any angry or sore spots.



Favourite lifestyle items overall this year:

iPad mini 
This has been my saviour this year as my phone broke mid year and luckily a few months before, I bought a gold iPad mini! So I mainly used it for messaging and browsing in work which led me to blogging. I've also been taking my pictures on here as the camera is good quality and it's easier to see little details on a bigger screen.

Twinings green tea
I started drinking this in June and apart from the odd day (and holiday) I haven't stopped. It's helped significantly to improve my complexion making it fresher and brighter, so I really have no reason to stop drinking it!

Gym membership
Probably the best thing I did this year was join the gym, I always used to do home workouts as I've always been into keeping fit and healthy but there's only so much motivation you can get from your bedroom floor. I enjoy going to the gym now and aim for at least 3 times a week.

Breville Active Blend
This is my favourite little kitchen device which admittedly doesn't get used as much as it did when I first got it, but none the less it's such a good thing to have in your cupboard for a quick fruit smoothie.

Nakd vegan snacks
My favourite (healthy) thing to snack on are these tasty vegan bars. They're packed with fruit and nuts and nothing more but taste really nice and very moreish!




No comments