Powered by Blogger.

April Beauty Favourites


This favourites post comes a little late as I've been away for the past week exploring the beautiful city of Venice (you may of seen some slight spam over on my Instagram). April for me only saw a couple of new purchases and a few old favourites, with a nice mixture of affordable skincare and makeup.

Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask
This is the first Mask I've tried from Lush. It's from the fresh range which has fresher ingredients so needs to be kept refrigerated and used within 3 weeks. I chose the cupcake to start off with as it specified in targeting oily and spot prone skin, plus, it smelt heavenly at the counter. It includes ingredients such as cocoa powder, fresh mint and linseed, which together are really refreshing on the skin. I found it to be really deep cleaning as well as oil absorbing, leaving my skin looking and smelling lovely. I've totally rinsed the whole tub now but it's made me want to try more masks from Lush!

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I also picked this Lip Scrub up on my visit to the store. I was constantly finding lip products to be drying out my lips and giving me unwanted flakiness, so was in need of something to prep and prime them. I couldn't resist the strong bubblegum scent and the bright pink colour of this when I saw it. It's made up of caster sugar which really scrubs and softens the skin and I've been really impressed with the results! I can definitely now tell the difference if I haven't used it. It leaves my lips looking and feeling soft, plump and ready to go.

Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion
This product took a while to grow on me but I now love it and use it very regularly, along side their drying creams and lotions. It's formulated for under the surface spots as the lotion absorbs quickly into the skin. It's a light weight liquid that you apply directly on to affected areas, which is really quick to do before bed time. It works well over night and always leaves me looking fresher than the night before, reducing any lumps and bumps I may have seen developing.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream
I'm not usually one to get excited over moisturisers, as I don't have particularly dry skin so can get away with using light formulas most of the time, but this I really like. It has a thick, butter-like consistency which smooths into the skin like a dream. It doesn't feel heavy on the face or make me look or feel greasy, just looking and feeling plumped up and thoroughly nourished. I'll definitely be heading to the Vitamin E range in future for moisturising products!

Rimmel Lasting Perfection Lipsticks
These have fast become my go-to lipsticks for daytime/casual wear. They're so comfortable and creamy on the lips and the shades are so lovely with my skin tone. I have shades Boho Nude (personal favourite) which is a brown nude and My Nude which is more pink-toned. I just love how quick and easy they are to apply, and the pink metallic packaging is irresistible. They're definitely the prettiest in my lip collection!

Makeup Revolution Sculpt & Contour Palette 
I recently rediscovered this after rekindling my love for some old products I had stored away. I never realised how much I actually liked it, and how well the bronze shade suited me, too. It's a neutral shade so isn't too dark or orange on me and works well with my natural skin tone as well as with a tan. The highlight is very subtle, not too bright but not dull either, adding a natural, healthy radiance to the skin. The blush is a pinky coral shade with a slight golden shimmer to it, which has started to grow on me lately too.

NYX Lid Lingerie Eye Tints
I've loved the formula of these liquid eyeshadows since the first use. I really like cream-based shadows as they're generally longer lasting as well as more pigmented than powder ones. I have shades Sweet Cloud which is a lovely golden bronze shade and New Romance which is more of a dusky peach. Both have shimmery, metallic finishes which I love, and apply and blend really easily. I'd highly recommend trying these if you haven't already!


What have you been loving in April?


Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


No comments