Powered by Blogger.

Colourpop Lux Lipsticks - Worth the hype?


There’s no denying that these Lux Lipsticks from Colourpop aren't aesthetically pleasing; rose gold packaging, cute little embossed stars, not to mention the very small price tag that they come with. I’ve been seeing them a lot lately on Instagram, and it’s not hard to see why, but are they really worth the hype?

-

Last month I made another Colourpop order as I was desperately in need of some new lip products (ahem and a new eyeshadow palette) so I decided to give these beauties a go. I chose 3 of my favourite looking nudes from the website, which I know are all very similar, but I just love these kinds of shades. There’s actually so many to choose from and it took me a good while to narrow it down without buying every single nude they had.

The shades I got were:

What’s your sign - This shade is in their crème formula, and is from Kathleen Lights’ recent Zodiac collection. It came in a different packaged box to the other lipsticks, navy blue with pretty rose gold stars all over, but the actual lipstick itself is exactly the same. I’d say this is a standard nude brown shade, good for all skin tones.

Third Eye - A matte formula, and the darkest of the 3 shades I got. Sadly this one got squashed on the way to me (hence the flat top) and the tube wouldn’t twist up or down *sobs*. I’m guessing this one must of been rattled a bit too hard in the package, but Colourpop kindly refunded me as they couldn’t replace it. This has a deep mauve undertone to it, which again is suitable for all skin tones.

Tip toe - Another crème formula lipstick, this shade is more of a pink-nude. I love this kind of shade for quick and everyday wear to work or what not. This one suits all eye looks from warm to cool tones, so is very versatile.


Swatches from top to bottom;

What’s your sign
Third eye
Tip toe

Surprisingly since I’m usually a matte lip kind of person, I actually prefer the crème formula with these lipsticks. They aren’t too creamy where they slide right off your lips, but instead feel rich and buttery. The matte formula is still a good formula, not too drying, and pretty long lasting too. I can’t compare these to any other Colourpop lipsticks unfortunately as these are the only ones I’ve tried, but comparing to UK drugstore lipsticks that are around the same price point, I’m very impressed with the quality.

As the name suggests, these lipsticks do look and feel very lux. The packaging doesn’t feel cheap as they have a bit of weight to them, which definitely makes them feel much more luxurious than your standard drugstore lipstick. They’re also a very pretty rose gold colour and not too pink or orange like some cheaper packaging can be.

The shades are all beautiful and suit my fair skin tone well, I sometimes find that certain nudes can wash me out but these don’t at all, they’re very complimentary. I love all the shades I chose and for $7 each (around £5.40) I would say that they are definitely worth the hype, and if you haven’t already, I would highly recommend you pick up a few if you ever make a Colourpop order!



Have you tried these lipsticks?



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

1 comment