Powered by Blogger.

Transitioning into Autumn | Beauty & Homeware picks


Now that Autumn is now officially here in the UK, (whether we like it or not) I feel like it’s brought lots of inspiration and motivation along with it. We had such a long and hot summer this year which was amazing, but for us bloggers each season brings fresh new content which is great if you’ve been in bit of a slump like I have. This Autumn I really want to get in the spirit and use the opportunity to switch up my makeup and homeware a little. I’ve been loving all the cosy-looking photos on Pinterest, and I want to try and incorporate the new season into my content too.

-

Firstly, to spruce up my photos (and house) I picked up these Autumn leaf fairy lights off eBay to put around my dressing table mirror. They looked more of a burnt orange colour in the photos but are pretty much bright red in person, I guess they still look cute though. I’ve always wanted fairy lights in my photos but never really knew how to go about it, so I’m looking forward to playing around with these. You can find them on eBay here.


The next step in switching up my homeware was of course a trip to Homesense. What ever the season, Homesense is always bound to get you in the mood with their quirky seasonal pieces and in particular, their amazing candle selection. I wanted something a little less ‘autumny’ that I could use all the way through winter, so this small ‘Stay Cozy’ candle was perfect! It was only £2.99 which was such a steal I couldn’t say no. I’ve also seen some similar style ones that say ‘Sweater Weather’ which look really cute.


As soon as I saw this cat candle I knew it had to be mine. There was quite a variety of different black & gold themed candles to choose from but this was my favourite. It’s got 2 wicks and is ‘Vanilla Vodka’ scented - which sounds weird but it works! This will be perfect to light around Halloween, propped up on the window sill. 


 I felt like I needed to get an orange candle to help brighten up my photos for the new season. This one smells of pumpkin spice/cinnamon and also has the cutest little pumpkin motif on the front. Obviously this is more limited to October/November time, but for just £5.99 you can’t complain!

 

To switch up my makeup for Autumn I made a little Colourpop order last month, I got a bunch of lip products (read about the Lux Lipsticks here) as well as the Give it to me straight eyeshadow palette. I should of really got a shot of the actual shades here because they are SO pretty, but I do want to save that for a review post so watch out for that! It’s perfect for Autumn anyway, with it’s berry & purple tones. 

For a more warm option, the I think I love you palette is also really pretty. It’s got lots of warm copper & brown shades which are perfect for this time of year. I really love the formula of Colourpop eyeshadows, so I think these will be the only ones I’ll be using for a while! 



 How are you transitioning into Autumn?



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments