Powered by Blogger.

A few affordable matte favourites


I've got to say, my favourite finish on most products has to be matte. Give or take a few items it's my go-to for long days at work or when I know I'm going to be constantly on the go. There's something that doesn't sit quite right with me if my face doesn't look or feel matte, which makes me feel uncomfortable (the type where you're itching to just wipe everything off your face) and not to mention self conscious that I'm a greasy mess. These are a few of my favourite products for everyday, matte finishes that not only feel comfortable to wear but last all day long too.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion | £9.50
This is a good, light moisturiser to use before applying makeup - especially for oily skin. It's super lightweight, non greasy and has a refreshing tea tree scent. It really does mattify the skin (somehow) and keeps oil at bay for a good few hours. I like to use it mainly in my evening skincare routine as it targets blemishes, but works just as good as a day time moisturiser too.

L'Oreal Infalliable Primer | £7.99
This is a popular drugstore matte primer and it's not hard to see why. It does everything you need it to do, softly priming your skin and really helping to keep oil at bay throughout the day. The formula is a clear gel which glides effortlessly across the skin, instantly softening and smoothing. I like how it feels on the skin compared to silicone primers which can feel rubbery.

L'Oreal Infalliable Matte Foundation | £7.99
I know a few people don't like this and it really surprises me as it's my most used foundation. As I don't have dry skin I can wear matte foundations at ease without it clinging to areas. This particular one applies smoothly and sits beautifully on my skin, covering and mattifying any oily areas. The coverage is also impressive for such an affordable priced product and it's never failed me which is why I use it so much!

L'Oreal Infalliable Powder Compact | £4.99
I've been using this for a couple of months now as my everyday setting powder. It's really soft and provides really good coverage as well, which I wasn't finding previously using the Rimmel stay matte powder. It's now my go-to and as I also wear the Infalliable foundation most days, they work together well and make a perfect combination for my oily skin

Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer | £11
After trying a few different matte bronzers, nothing compared to this. Firstly it matches my skin tone so much better than others as it has a cool tone to it which doesn't make me look orange whatsoever. It's also spilt in half with one side a lighter shade and the other darker, so that's handy for when I have a tan. I now use this most days but I dropped and smashed it so I couldn't take a nice picture of it!

The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid | £6
Although probably not the best liquid lipstick in the world, I've come to really love the formula of these. I find that they are more hydrating than what is typical from a liquid lipstick, and come off a little more natural and comfortable feeling. I love the nude shades in the range and they are definitely worth picking up for a quick, everyday matte lip.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream | £5.50
In comparison, this liquid lipstick is definitely more pigmented but a tad more drying. These are ones I go for when I want my lips to look a little bolder or more defined. The shade range is impressive too, offering over 30 diverse shades so you are more likely to find one that suits you.

NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade | £5.50
Not nessecarily the first product that springs to mind when you think of matte products. However, as this has a waterproof formula, once applied and set becomes very hard to budge. This is a really good product to create bold yet precise brows as its creamy texture applies easily, but does become matte once in place. This will withstand heat, humidity and even water!

NYX Matte Setting Spray | £7
My favourite affordable setting spray has to be this one from NYX. Other drugstore setting sprays at a similar price just don't compare. This is really lightweight and dries within seconds of spraying, keeping your face refreshed as well as matte. It's not drying whatsoever and does a great job at keeping everything in place.


Do you like matte products? What are your favourites from the drugstore?


Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:

Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest


No comments