Powered by Blogger.

Skincare Saviours for dry skin


I don't normally suffer with dry or dehydrated skin so it's strange for me to be writing about products specifically for it. I have recently however, experienced a lovely bout of it over the winter from the harsh winds and excessively using (Mario Badescu) drying products, so have had to switch up my skincare routine a little. I'm not the most educated when it comes to hydrating products as it's not something I typically use or even look for, but I've found that these particular products have worked wonders for me lately.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I've used a few different micellar waters over the past few months trying to compare the difference between each one. I definitely find that this is the most hydrating one and feels much more moisturising. It also removes makeup a little easier, gliding right off without having to rub. With other micellar waters, the consistency feels like it could actually just be water (I know this is the point) as it can take a bit of rubbing, particularly removing eye makeup. This is a much more hydrating option which I think would suit dry skin best.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rose Water
I've been absolutely loving this lately, I bought it early February and I'm running low already. I mainly got it to use as a setting spray, which by the way works wonderfully, but have also used it as a toner and a general facial spray. It's super refreshing, calming and has a lovely rose scent to it. It's definitely helped my skin to become more refreshed over the past few weeks.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
As I mentioned I wouldn't normally use hydrating products as I usually have oily skin, but switched to this hydrating toner when my skin was getting dry. Similar to the micellar water, it has a water-like consistency but is super moisturising and hydrating at the same time. Sometimes your skin can feel harsh after cleansing but this really helps to bring the moisture back. The whole Vitamin E range in general is really good for dry skin.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising lotion 
I've been using this in the mornings as an everyday moisturiser before applying makeup. It's really lightweight so doesn't interrupt your makeup base or build up in any way. It absorbs into the skin pretty quickly and leaves my skin feeling really soft, prepped and ready to go.

Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturiser 
This has been my go-to moisturiser for when I've had particularly dry skin days as it works wonders. It's got a kind of gel-like consistency which is incredibly glossy and nourishing, giving your skin the extra hydration it needs. It takes a little while longer to settle into the skin as it has a richer consistency but is worth the wait. This really is a staple product you need if you suffer from dry skin, it's amazingly hydrating.



What products do you like to use for dry skin?



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:

Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest




No comments