Powered by Blogger.

Christmas Party Beauty Picks


My favourite season for makeup and beauty is the Christmas Party season. I love the glitter and glam, statement jewellery, clutch bags, sparkly dresses and velvet accessories. I'm not very good at the whole natural, no makeup makeup look so I'm definitely in my element this season.


When I think of party makeup I think of the trustworthy Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. This is the foundation you need for a long-wearing base that's going to hold for hours, and will see you through the day to the night time. The coverage is full, which is perfect for the full glam looks.

For a cool, frosted tint to the skin try Makeup Revolution's I Heart Makeup Blushing Heart in 'Bursting with Love'. This can be used all together or each shade separately. The shimmery icey shade would work nicely as a highlighter or for the inner corners of the eyes.


My ultimate eyeshadow for glamorous looks is the Kiko Cosmetics Cream Crush Eyeshadow in 'Pearly Chocolate'. The formula is super pigmented, long wearing and looks totally dreamy on. Cream eyeshadows are not only richer in colour than powder eyeshadows but can blend just as easy as them too. This shade looks effortless used on its own but can be made more festive with added glitter and sparkle.

It just wouldn't be Christmas without a classic red lip would it, and a matte liquid lipstick is perfect to see you through those special days. The Body Shop Lip Liquid in 'Tahiti Hibiscus' is cool-toned so is well suited for paler complexions, as warm reds can look a little tacky if you aren't careful.


My favourite all round mascara to use for day or night is the Maybelline Lash Sensational, but I would highly recommend for the upcoming party season. This lengthens, curls and coats perfectly which is great for making your eyes stand out.


Nails at Christmas time just scream glitter - gold for me in particular. This Barry M Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Bronze Bae' is a rich, metallic gold shade which is perfect for the festive season. Used just on the tips over a rich red shade would look extra Christmassy.



What are your Christmas Party picks this year?




No comments