Powered by Blogger.

May Beauty Favourites


This monthly favourites doesn't include a lot of products as I've been on a spending ban since the end of April. It does however include a few new items I've not spoke much about and a couple of strong all round favourites of mine.

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Cream Rescue Mask | £14
This is probably my top favourite of the month. I got this a few weeks ago when my skin was flaring up and was all red and irritated. It's forumulated specifically for sensitive skin and is advised as a weekly mask. I'd say I've been using it twice a week, as my skin really did need rescuing. The consistency of the cream is quite thin and cool to touch, with a slight fresh aloe scent to it. When you apply it, it's really hydrating, cooling and soothing. It doesn't actually set on your face like you would assume a mask would, but works on top of your skin and soaks right in to it. The results from this have worked well, successfully soothing my skin just as it claims as well as tackling blotchy areas.

La Roche-Posay Anti Dark Spot Skin-Evening Cream
This has been another sensitive skincare product I've been using recently. It's a skin-evening cream which targets in even skin tone and dark spots. It's a sample product I got from a Boots order which isn't available to buy, but promotes the Pigmentclar range. I've been using this for around 3-4 weeks now and comparing now to back then, my skin has definitely become more even, refined and less red. It's a slow process but there's definitely results there. When I'm back off holiday I will be looking into the brands range more!

Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette | £8
I've recently started using this palette after it's been sat in my makeup drawer abandoned for weeks at a time. I really like making new and colourful looks with it as there are so many to experiment with. My favourites from the palette are the satin shades, as I find the shimmer shades don't come off too well but you can't argue with the price. I've used this palette a few times for my eye look posts and they always seem to be the most popular, probably because it's so affordable.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation | £12.99
This foundation is always in my collection, not necessarily used every day  but it is a key one for me. The formula is super light, blends effortlessly and I find I don't need to dampen my beauty blender when blending this out. It's a perfect light-weight no-makeup makeup base which is ideal for summer as it feels comfortable on the skin. I don't find it lasts all day but I love how breathable it is on for the first few hours. Just wish it'd last longer!

Soap & Glory Peach Party Shimmer Brick | £11
This lovely shimmer brick is a great all rounder for me, no matter what the season or weather you can't go wrong with a hint of colour on the cheeks. It comes in a handy compact which has a mirror so it's good for on the go. You can use it to bronze, highlight and blush so it's also really versatile. I seem to of had this for ages but when it eventually runs out I will definitely get another.


Have you tried any of these products?



No comments