Powered by Blogger.

Beauty | New Buys


It's taken me a while to find the motivation to start regularly posting again since having an almost 3 week break now, but since I had some things I needed to get from Boots etc I thought it was a good excuse to talk about what's new in my collection.
After using the same makeup on rotate on holiday for 16 days it's actually nice to come home and have some choice and variation and not look the same everyday. Saying that I'm still always looking for more products to buy and try out when ever I can. Surprisingly, I didn't buy anything while in Thailand apart from a new NYX setting spray (it was more expensive there than at home) as I just didn't feel like shopping much in the heat, which I'm a little sad about as I did pass a Sephora shop in Bangkok and didn't even look in!
Anyway, Here's a few of my most recently used and bought items:

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Nude Lipstick | £5.49
For someone who really likes wearing lipstick I really don't have that many. I have another from the Kate Moss lasting finish range in shade 08 and I love it's formula and logitivity but it's just slightly too bold for me for daytime use. I don't usually like nude lipsticks on me but this particular one (shade 42) has a nice muted pink colour to it and isn't too brown toned. I'm hoping this will be my summer day time lipstick as its really natural and fresh looking.

Since recently trying Barry M for the first time and not being majorly impressed with the Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint, I decided to give it a second try and opted for this sunset curing one, which claims to give the same finish as professional gel nails. I chose the colour 'Peach for the Stars' online and wanted the perfect balance between pink and orange but nothing too bright. I did find it slightly too bright when it arrived but I guess it is summer and I can't wear everything dark all year round. I'm yet to try this on so I can't report back any comments as of yet, although it does have good reviews on the Boots website.

This I received just before I went away from my lovely Mum (thanks Mum) and after saying it was too good to take on holiday I did actually take it on holiday. This is shade NC15 which is the lightest shade and is pretty much the same shade as my other low end concealers. Although it comes in a small bottle it's quite misleading as it has lasted me around 3 weeks so far with use everyday. The good thing about this concealer is that as its high quality you really don't need much at all - a little goes a very long way. It's the first high end concealer in my collection and it's definitely the best in terms of coverage and wearing time, really good for long days!

Another gift my Mum got me as I really wanted to try this lotion after reading about it and being recommended it by a few people for use on spots. This is a targeting acne treatment which you apply directly to any problem areas and is suitable for sensitive skin. It clears and soothes any blemishes over night and is advised to dip a cotton bud into the lotion and apply directly where you wish. I've been using this a couple of nights a week when I get any angry skin or problem areas and it does help to keep it under control and dramatically reduces spots over night. It has quite a strong smell but it is effective!

Since I'm trying to introduce more sensitive skin products into my routine I thought I would opt for this micellar water this time mainly because it claimed to be dermatologically tested and didn't have any alcohol or perfume what so ever included in the ingredients. This targets 3 signs of sensitive skin including redness, tightness and dryness. The formula is just like water, so it's easy to soak up a cotton pad full of this and wipe all over your face. It's really soothing and moisturising and makes me feel 100% better knowing that there's no alcohol in it, so I know it's going to be good for me.

When looking for a heat protector I always go to the same one every time; Tresemme. I wanted a change this time and I've been using the garner ultimate blends shampoo and conditioner range for a few months and really like them. I noticed this while stocking back up on some shampoo and with the word 'milk' sounded appealing to my brittle hair. I've only used this a couple of times so far but it has a lovely delicate creamy scent to it and is really soft and conditioning on the hair - unlike the Tresemme heat defence spray which is quite sticky in comparison. I think this is what my hair needs as its formulated for fragile hair.


Have you tried any of these products? If so let me know your thoughts!



No comments