Powered by Blogger.

Current everyday lip colours | Swatches


So as I am an everyday full face lover, I decided to focus this post on lip products - colours to be specific.
I don't have a huge collection of everyday lip products but the ones I do have are very good quality (and pretty much all the same colours!). They compliment my skin tone well, and even with a tan I don't find myself needing my lips a shade darker as they all adapt well.
I use these same products on rotate, sometimes mixing and matching, and the lip balms to help keep the product fresh on my lips or to give the matte products a glossier look.


From left to right:


There is also a Kate Moss nude range which are all pretty colours but I personally find that the fair/nude peachy tones wash my complexion out making me look paler. This particular colour is bold but not too bright, nor too dark, has a really creamy consistency and feels a little thicker compared to other lipsticks. It's also a versatile colour to use for day or evening wear which is useful!

Kiko velvet mat satin lipstick shade 602 | £6.90
This colour is slightly lighter and a little more nude toned than the Kate Moss shade 08 (some may say they are pretty much the same colour) but I think it's really nice and neutral anyway. There's not a huge range of shades for this particular lipstick but it does vary from light to dark nude/pink tones. The consistency is really light, doesn't glide on as well as others as its a little drier but it doesn't dry your lips out at all.

Maybelline Color Sensational shade 207 Pink Fling | £6.99
A recent purchase, I found myself looking for ages for the right shade as there were so many to chose from! This particular one is from the 'blushed nudes' range and is quite pink on the lips, with a slight glitter shimmer. There's also a nude, matte, pearl, vivid and rebel bouquet range to chose from.

NYX soft matte lip cream in Stockholm | £5.50
The shade range for this product is quite large, there are a lot of similar shades so it's good to test them out before buying. I actually got mine online after a couple of hours looking at swatches, luckily it was just right! It gives a really matte finish used alone but can be built up with a lip liner to give depth. Other similar colours include: London, Zurich, Cannes.

Mac lip liners in 'Spice' & 'Edge to Edge' | £12 each
These work great on their own or to line the lips ready for a similar or lighter shade lipstick. Mac have a large variety of shades - just a few similar to these two include: Soar, Dervish, Whirl, Subculture. These are quite cool toned colours so aren't too striking on pale skin and won't wash the complexion out. As you may know they have an amazing finish and last all day!



And lastly, my two favourite lip balms to use are Nivea pearly shine lip balm and Vaseline rosy lips. I particularly like to use the Nivea pearl over the top of Mac Edge to Edge liner to give it a natural glossy look. Both having pink tints to them really help especially when using with a similar coloured lipstick to keep it from drying out. They will help to keep your lipstick on all day long, and are really handy to keep in your bag!


No comments