Powered by Blogger.

New in from Makeup Revolution | First Impressions


I haven't actually made a Makeup Revolution purchase in quite a while now, and although things have stood out for me, they haven't been enough to make me just *have* to run out and buy them.

..Until now. Not long ago the Conceal and Define concealers launched, which have since had lots of hype around them amongst beauty bloggers, which definitely caught my attention - massively infact. Shortly after, the Ingot highlighters dropped and although I'm not huge on highlighters, I felt like I just had to make a little order on tambeauty to test all the new launches out. I got two shades of each product to try out (for blogging purposes obviously), highlighters in shades Platinum and Rose Gold, and concealers in shades C1 and C2.


The concealers are said to be a dupe of the Tarte Shape Tape, and although I still haven't tried that, it's enough to sell it to me anyway. Visually they look fairly similar, although Shape Tape contains 10ml of product and these hold just 3.4ml. The highlighters (I think) are dupes for the Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold highlighters, except the shades are a little more vibrant, and they're obviously quite a bit bigger too.

First up, I got 2 shades in the concealer; one for tanned days and one for pale days and to be honest, there isn't a huge difference between them. Both are really light and bright shades, with pretty neutral undertones. I usually use Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade Fair and both shades are actually brighter than that, which was a bit of a shock. I didn't quite realise how dark it looked on my skin compared to these. It also oxidises to quite a few shades darker, something which I haven't found the Makeup Revolution ones to do as of yet; my under eyes seem to stay highlighted all day anyway!


In terms of coverage, I wouldn't say that these are completely full coverage, but I guess it depends on your preferences as well as what you're used to, as I do like a really full coverage base. I have redness and scarring on my cheeks and I can still slightly see some of it through the concealer, but that's not to say it wouldn't be full coverage for someone without these problems. They are definitely high coverage though don't get me wrong.

While I was watching YouTube reviews on these concealers I found that a few of them said it settled into creases, and that it removes if you over-work it. But I also watched some that said it doesn't crease at all and makes the skin look poreless. For me so far, I can agree with the over-working as I've found it to remove around my nose slightly whilst I'm blending it in. It does apply pretty flawlessly everywhere else and is easy to blend, however it seems to go funny and separate around my nose and cheek area after a few hours. Obviously these are just my first impressions so far, so my opinion may change, but I really hope that I can get them to work slightly better for me.


Onto the highlighters, I chose shade Platinum which is a extremely bright, white shade. I do prefer lighter highlighters opposed to pink or coloured/darker ones, mainly because I'm as pale as anything. I already have quite a few Makeup Revolution highlighters and I do really like them all, they're my go-to, so I wasn't surprised when this was just as good too.

The formula is really creamy, a little different from their other highlighters, it feels like it just melts into your finger when you swatch it. As you could imagine, the shade is super bright on the skin, perfect for fair skin tones and looks extra nice on the inner corners of the eyes too.


I couldn't resist picking up the Rose Gold shade either, even though I know I won't use this one as much, it's just so pretty. Again, the formula is really buttery and provides a creamy-looking shimmer to the skin. I actually mixed both shades together when I had a bit of a tan and that worked really nicely too.

The other shade available is an intense looking gold shade (think Fenty Beauty Trophy Wife) which would look amazing on darker skin tones. I do wish there was more of a champagne colour in this range too but I guess it's something different!


Swatches from top to bottom;




Have you tried any of these products? Do tell me your thoughts!

Cally x



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments