Powered by Blogger.

The Body Shop Matte Clay Foundation | Review


I recently mentioned this foundation in my Body Shop Haul post, and as promised, a review is here!
Foundation is something I'm quite picky with, as obviously you want something that suits your individual needs, whether that be keeping oil at bay or keeping dry skin hydrated. I have quite oily skin, so almost always opt for a matte base rather than anything else. I also much prefer a medium-full coverage formula, so you wont find me talking about light coverage foundations very much on here!


The Matte Clay Foundation claims to be 'skin clarifying' and to have '24 hours of breathable coverage' which are all qualities I look for when picking a foundation. I picked up shade '012 Kaili Azalea' which is the second from lightest shade, which has quite a neutral undertone. The lightest shade looked like it had more of a pink undertone in store, which is actually more suited to me but I wanted something I could wear when I had a light tan (I know, I said I was pale).
The fact that this foundation contains mattifying clay as well as tea tree is very interesting, which is why it claims it clarifies the skin while you wear it. It does have a refreshing scent to it, nothing too strong but you can definitely smell the tea tree when you're applying it. I like it! It's different. As you can imagine with it being The Body Shop, there are no harsh ingredients included such as alcohol or perfumes, which makes it great for reactive or sensitive skin.

A few pointers about the foundation..

Packaging
The packaging of this very much reminds me of L'Oreal's Infallible Matte with the soft matte plastic tube and black lid. It's also a squeezy tube - something I like as it means there's no product wasted.

Formula
To me the formula of this feels super light, and not thick in the slightest. On the skin it definitely feels breathable, and blends out really well.

Finish
When blended into the skin I find this to have a velvety matte finish. It isn't chalky or drying, but instead leaves the skin looking like skin.

Coverage
I would say that this foundation has a medium buildable coverage. Not all imperfections are hidden but the skin tone is evened out and minor blemishes are covered. A second layer can be applied for a higher coverage like most foundations.

Longevity
On my oily skin, this lasts a fairly long time. A couple of touch ups are needed throughout the day but it doesn't seem to separate or sink into my pores. I'm not sure it could last for 24 hours however, as it isn't a fully matte finish.

I'd say this formula would suit all skin types from oily to dry, as it isn't too drying for a matte foundation. It's a really good option for sensitive or problem skin with it containing tea tree oil, I do appreciate that with having acne-prone skin myself.
I'm fairly impressed with the foundation overall, my first impressions weren't amazing but the more I used it, the more it began to grow on me. I do reach for this a few times a week now, and although I can't really tell if it's clarified my skin, it definitely makes me feel better knowing that the properties are in there. I think I'll have to pick up the lightest shade to try next.



Have you tried this? Let me know your thoughts! 

Cally x



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

2 comments

  1. 1xBet korean ✔️ 1xbet korean ✔️ 1xbet korean
    1xbet korean. What is 1xbet korean. What is 1xbet korean? It's 1xbet korean a betting หาเงินออนไลน์ site 바카라 that offers sports, live betting, live betting, free bets,

    ReplyDelete