Powered by Blogger.

Cheesecake Swirl Brownies | Recipe


I'm constantly flicking through recipes on Pinterest and cheesecake brownies has been one that always crops up and catches my eye. I love the swirl patterns you can create with the cream cheese, giving it a unique marbled effect. I've been planning to make them for a while now so I finally gave it a try last weekend!



I was so happy with the outcome visually but I couldn't really taste the cheesecake that well as I'd hoped, but I did only add about half of the cheesecake mix - so you should be fine if you put the full amount in. They did however, taste incredibley good and were very soft and fudgey. I used a standard brownie recipe I use with all my other brownies but incorporated the cheesecake mix. Here's how to make your own: 


Ingredients:

For the brownies
195g Dark chocolate
Unsalted butter
275g Caster sugar
3 Eggs
150g Milk chocolate
90g Plain flour
35g Cocoa powder


For the cheesecake
175g Cream cheese
35g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 

Method:

1. Break up the dark chocolate and cube the butter, melt together in a bowl in the mivrowave for 1-2 minutes.

2. Whisk together the eggs and sugar for a couple of minutes until thick and white.

3. Once cooled, add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and fold together gently.

4. Add the flour, cocoa powder and chopped milk chocolate pieces (you can use chocolate chips but I prefer to cut them myself).

5. Grease/line a square tin and transfer the mixture into it, ensuring that it's smoothed over.

6. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until the consistency loosens.

7. Add the egg, flour and vanilla extract and mix once more.

8. Add dollops to the top of your brownie mix (I did 5 - one in each corner and one for the centre) and use a skewer to create the swirl pattern.

9. Transfer to the oven at 170 (fan oven) for approximately 25 minutes.

10. Allow a good few hours for it to cool before attempting to cut into squares.



Enjoy!



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:

Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments