Powered by Blogger.

Christmas Day Affordable Makeup Menu


As I was was planning out my makeup for Christmas Day I realised that it was all coincidentally affordable and drugstore products, with the highest costing item being just €19.95 from Sephora. Normally I would jump at any opportunity to crack out the high end eyeshadow palettes and foundation, but I guess these have just all been trusty products for me that I've grown to love more than some higher end options. I'm also not very traditional with the whole red lips and gold eyes, I much prefer to go neutral and match my outfit. Here's what's on the menu for Christmas Day:




Base:

L'Oreal Infalliable Matte Foundation £7.99
This has been my favourite and most used foundation this year (again) and I've chosen to wear it for Christmas Day as I want the coverage without looking too 'done'. I've found that this is the longest wearing foundation I've tried, even more so than high end brands that claim to last all day. It's really light weight, blends nicely and has a matte finish which I love. This will definitely see me through day to night.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer £5.99
Another firm favourite to pair with the foundation is this illuminating concealer. It's slightly yellow toned so works especially good under the eyes to correct and brighten. It also has a long wearing time of up to 16 hours.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder £3.99
This is a trusty favourite to set my base, particularly under the eyes and around the mouth area. I much prefer to use shade Transparent as it doesn't add colour but still has a light coverage. I've been through a fair few of these so I know it's not going to cause any problems for me on Christmas.

Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer £11
I haven't used anything else but this since about October to Bronze my cheeks as it's the perfect cool-toned matte shade. I'll be a little more tanned for  Christmas so I'll actually be able to use the darker shade which is a rarity!

Kiko Color Veil Blush Shade 01 Pink
This is my favourite blush for a soft and delicate flush to the cheeks, which I would normally wear on a minimal makeup day. I don't want anything to look too bold or striking so this is going to help me looked naturally rosy-cheeked. It's a limited edition product so is rarely available (can't link).

NYX Matte Setting Spray £7
My favourite setting spray by far. It's refreshing, hydrating and dries in seconds without becoming too dry. I wouldn't go a day (especially Christmas) without setting my makeup in place.

Eyes:

Sephora The Graceful Eyeshadow Palette $24
I picked this up in Sephora only a few weeks ago and have only had chance to use the lighter shades, so I'm looking forward to indulging in the deep shimmery purples and matte brown shades. I'm going for a soft smokey halo eye and I might pop a bit of glitter in the middle.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara £7.99
I decided to swap my normal lash sensational for this 'luscious' version for the festive period to make my eyelashes darker and bolder. The wand is different to the original, being more precise rather than curved.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil £7
This has fast become my holy grail eyebrow product and just can't use anything else that gives the same  effect. I will be using this to create sharp yet natural looking brows, ensuring the focus isn't taken away from my lovely eyeshadow!


Lips:

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in 056 Boho Nude £6.49
I picked this up just the other day especially to wear on Christmas Day. It's such a lovely brown-nude shade which looks sophisticated on. I also couldn't resist the cute rose gold packaging! I love the formula of the lasting finish lipsticks.



What makeup are you planning on wearing for Christmas Day? 


No comments