Powered by Blogger.

Peanut M&M Cookies | Recipe


My absolute favourite thing to add to everything is peanut butter and I've seen a few variations of these cookies lately, one being from Tanya Burr with her M&M pretzel cookies as well as various other recipes on Pintrest. They look so moreish that I wanted to give it a go myself!
This was my third attempt at making these. The past two times did not work out at all how I'd hoped - first lot being underdone and soggy and the second hard and burnt. But just before I was about to give up I think this time I nailed it.



To try it for yourself here are the ingredients you will need:

Self raising flour 200g
Light brown sugar 85g
White granulated sugar 60g
Butter 110g
Peanut butter 2 heaped tbsp 
Baking powder half a tsp
Medium Egg just the one 
Salt half a tsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Peanut M&M's around 180-200g

Method 

1. Place butter along with peanut butter in a microwaveable dish and allow to melt for around a minute or so on full power
2. In the mean time measure both your sugars and add it to a large bowl and whisk with the egg. When the butter has finished in the microwave, add this to the mix along with vanilla essence and further mix for an extra couple of minutes.
3. Measure and add the flour, baking powder, salt and finally 3 quarters of the M&M's. Mix until you have a dough-like consistency. Cover and allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
4. Set your oven to 170 degrees and prepare a flat baking tray with either grease proof paper or foil - I coated mine in coconut oil to prevent sticking.
5. Separate your dough into equal sized balls - I made 11 but you could easily make 12. Transfer 6 of these onto your tray (you are going to need to cook 2 separate batches) as they need plenty of room. Slightly press down each dough ball but don't completely flatten and add a few M&M's and slightly push down to finish.
6. Give your cookies 10-12 minutes and no longer, then transfer your 6 baked cookies to a plate to cool then do the exact same for your second batch.

Eat!
And there you have it, 12 ready to eat (very moreish) warm peanut butter M&M cookies!



If you'd like to see more baking posts please let me know as I'm always baking and cooking!




No comments