Powered by Blogger.

Valentine's evening look edit


V Day is almost upon us! For some it may not be a big deal and it's not for me either to be honest but it gives me a great excuse to get all things pretty out and share a few ideas with you.
For me a Valentine's Day look should be elegant, consist of fresh and pretty tones, nothing too striking just an overall soft look. These are a few products that I will probably be wearing myself for Valentines day and highly recommend (as they are great products!) to create that sophisticated look.

I love this foundation as it gives a really soft matte finish, not drying at all and will last you through the night. I use the lightest shade (suprise) which is 010 Porcelain and it has the right amount of coverage that I need.

Rimmel Match Perfection concealer
I only got this yesterday so I'm looking forward to using it. It's a 2 in 1 concealer and highlighter and I've read good things about it so I hope it lives up to its name! I also got this in the lightest shade (010 Ivory) - it's really hard for me to find the right colour concealer as a lot of them are still too dark in the lightest shade but this is just right.

I will almost definitely use this palette as some of the matte shadows are really soft and look lovely blended - Password, Whiskey, Combust & Thirteen. You will have no trouble in creating that soft smoky effect with these shades.

I've had this lipstick a couple of months now and never found a use for it, so I'm going to try it out for the night. It's meant to be HD (whatever that means) and it does look very bold and almost matte so it best not disappoint. This is in the colour 875 'Gladiolus'.

This mascara is really soft and bold so makes your eyelashes really dark without the impression that you even have anything on them. The eyeliner is my favourite for staying in place for a long amount of time as it's waterproof, it's so dark and comes off matte opposed to quite watery like some cheaper pencils do.

Because you can't do evening makeup without a bold winged eyeliner can you? I wouldn't do anything too heavy but nothing too light at the same time, just the right amount of each!

Soap & Glory Love at first blush
This isn't a highly pigmented blush but that's what I like about it, it's so subtle in giving you a little shimmer of colour. I also love the other shade 'Peach Party' which is more of a glittery blush.

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder
My trusty powder which I use everyday! I should really try something new but it really does the job for me so I won't be changing any time soon. This is in the shade 004 'Sandstorm' and is almost an identical colour match to the L'Oreal foundation shade Porcelain.

And lastly just a few items which I think are really nice - Gucci Guilty black perfume and Essie nail polish in 'Bordeaux'. The necklace I got from Asos a couple of years ago but I put on my own chain as it snapped.
Hope you enjoyed reading and looking at these products, would love to hear what you recommend for a Valentines Day look or if you have done a similar post yourself, leave the link below and I will check it out! 

No comments