Powered by Blogger.

16 brands and their products to try in 2016


I've decided to put together a realistic version of a beauty wishlist. I'm always seeing posts on 'what I want for my birthday' or '2016 wishlist' full of things you are more likely not to receive or try in 2016. Of course I dream of owning all the prettiest products and most expensive brands in the world but in reality that's just not gonna happen. No bitterness intended here (I swear) I just wanted to share some brands and products that are popular for their good quality opposed to their big name and pretty packaging which you pay most of the price for anyway. I've selected these particular products based on my own personal preference to what I'd like to try out this year (mainly all under £20) as well as for their ratings, reviews and popularity.

Makeup forever Ultra HD foundation £29

A foundation I've seen around a lot lately, specifically used by makeup artists and on makeup tutorials. I'm a fan of full coverage foundations and this has a really good rating so I'd like to get my hands on a bottle at some point.

NYX lip liners £5.50

I've heard that these are of a similar quality to Mac liners - but more than half the price. I've recently got into NYX lip products they are really good quality and an even better price! Their shade range is so diverse from nude to purple.

Makeup geek eyeshadows £4.95

I really want to build my own eyeshadow palette, I've not got a palette that I've used every single shade in so it's a really good way to get your moneys worth. These shadows are really popular at the minute and meant to be high quality. There's also SO many shades to chose from!

Kiko cream crush eyeshadow £6.90

I've never actually used a cream based shadow before but it's something I want to try - these Kiko pots have 4* + reviews and are really affordable. They can be used as a base or even just on their own - I'd like to get my hands on a shimmery brown shade.


Charlotte Tilbury matte revolution lipstick £23

This is actually one of the least expensive products from Charlotte Tilbury's range - its so expensive! These products are meant to be really good quality and I do think all the lipstick shades are lovely, so I've got to treat myself to at least one this year!

MAC pro long wear foundation & concealer £25.50 / £17.50

The only products I own from Mac are the lip liners, I'm not one for getting on brand hypes but like I said I do love a good quality foundation. Concealer is something I struggle with finding the right shade but Mac have a wide variety.

The Balm highlighter & bronzer £17.49 / £14.99

These have been really popular over the past few months and it's probably something I'd like to invest in as I don't have a wide variety of highlighters or bronzers. The pigmentation is meant to be amazing!

Makeup revolution chocolate palette & blush palette £7.99 / £6

A very popular brand at the minute - most known for their high quality products and low prices. I'd like to get my hands on another palette as I do really like the Iconic 2. The blush palette is so pretty and if the pigmentation is as good as the eyeshadows then I'm sold!


I love the colours in this palette - it's a slightly smaller one than others available so is a little cheaper. There's also a new 'Spectrum' range out which looks amazing too. Zoeva is a brand I definitely need to try this year.

Benefit Gimme Brow eyebrow gel £18.50

I've never used a brow gel as I feel my brows stay in place without. But this has really good reviews and has been very popular last year, comes in two shades and is perfect if your brows are a little out of control!


I'm actually surprised by the price of this lipstick I expected it to be so much more! Very popular lately for their lip products - mainly liquid lipsticks - these are definitely worth a try!

Garnier Ultimate Blends shampoo & conditoner £2.79

This year I'm trying to focus on maintaining my hair and using more products as it's something I tend to neglect. This new range of shampoo & conditioner has been everywhere at the minute and I actually picked some up last week!

Rimmel perfect match foundation £7.99

A new foundation by Rimmel which has become instantly popular especially in the beauty blogging world. I've got the concealer at the minute and I have to say it is really good quality, so the foundation is definitely worth a try!

Nip + Fab serums £19.95

I really want to try Nip + Fab as their products are meant to be so good. They have a range of skin products for different problem areas but I'd most like to try the Dragons Blood fix range.

Soap & Glory Arch de triumph eyebrow shaper and highlighter £9

A fairly new product from Soap & Glory is this double ended eyebrow pencil. I'm a big fan of their products and especially the Brow Archery so as soon as it runs out I'll be buying this.


Last year L'Oreal became really popular for their foundations Infallible and True Match, so this year I'm going to expand my love for the brand and try out the other best sellers in their range. This blusher comes in a few shades which are all very pretty - mainly pink tones.


Which brands do you want to try out this year?

Remember - you can follow me on Bloglovin' Instagram and Pintrest to keep up to date with my posts!

No comments