Powered by Blogger.

One brand | NYX


I've recently been loving the HD concealer from NYX, I honestly can't fault it, it's perfect. So I decided to slightly expand my NYX collection and indulge (I say indulge they are actually really affordable) in a few of the most popular products from their range - which seem to be mainly face and lip products.

Liquid Suede in Tea and cookies
This product is very popular at the moment, and as a matte lip lover I really wanted to try it for myself instead of reading other blog reviews on it! I ordered it online so it was a bit risky with the colour, It's much brighter than what I expected so i wasn't sure on it. I tried it with my Mac Liner in 'Edge to edge' which is a very similar cool toned pink colour - they matched pretty perfectly. I blotted with tissue after applying as it was a little too creamy and it gave an even, matte finish. I was pretty impressed with its lasting power, and it wasn't too drying either.

Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
Another matte product people are going crazy for is this lip cream. I wanted a more nude brown toned colour for this to use as an everyday work lip, it was a throw up between Stockholm, Cannes and Zurich after looking at various swatches. I went for Stockholm in the end but it wasn't as brown as it looked on some of the swatches, although it is still a nice nude pink/brown colour. I've worn it almost everyday last week, and it really does have good lasting power, and is slightly softer on the lips than the liquid suede. At first I was applying a couple of coats and have since found out that's why it was drying my lips out within a couple of hours. I find the best way it works is using what ever product is on the applicator and spending time to evenly distribute it over both lips. I really love it now I've got to grips with it!

Setting spray in Dewy finish
I use a setting spray most days and especially for days or nights that I know I will be wearing makeup for a long time! I chose the dewy finish opposed to matte as I read reviews that it didn't make your face overly dewy, which I prefer as I don't like my face looking too shiny but I wanted a slight glow. It does help to fix your makeup in place and your face feels so light for a good few hours, but like I said it didn't necessarily create an overly dewy look but it wasn't matte either. I use about 6 sprays all over my face and I feel this is enough, my makeup can last up to 10 hours with this before it starts feeling sticky - which is just about right for me.

HD Concealer wand in Porcelain
Read my full review on this here. This is my second one Ive bought now, I used the first tube in about 2 weeks which I'm not sure is bad or good? Anyway, this is my new everyday concealer as its so brightening and I love the soft finish it has on my skin. I say it's my new everyday concealer but I've been wearing it for evening makeup too - I just love it!



Which NYX products do you like?


No comments