Powered by Blogger.

My Top 5 Drugstore products


If you know me, you'll know that probably 80-90% of my products are from the drugstore. Aka Boots or Superdrug. Over time I've come to absolutely love some products which have essentially become my 'Holy Grail' and would choose them over any high end product. If something works for me then I keep hold of it, because price doesn't necessarily rank products in order of what's going to be best for you and your skin. Although it was quite hard to narrow down, these are my fave top 5 products from the drugstore:

L'Oreal Infalliable Matte Foundation | £8.99
I feel like I've spoke about this so much already on my blog and I know that it's not for everyone, but for me, it's my number 1 foundation. That's right, forget Estée Lauder, Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, this £8.99 one I always come back to. For me and my skin it works so well, it's blendable, has the coverage I need, the perfect matte finish, and lasting power like no other. This is one of the only foundations to not crease on me, go super oily and shiny throughout the day and to not make me feel like I just want to get it off my face. I use this generally Monday-Friday as it's great for lasting through a shift at work and even when I go to the gym after (I'm not brave enough to go makeupless). I've been using it for about 2 years now and I couldn't tell you how many tubes I've been through, but as they're so affordable (and available on 3 for 2) it's not an issue. I'm quite lucky that my favourite foundation isn't £30 a bottle!

L'Oreal Infalliable Powder Compact | £5.99
I've been using this powder for a good few months now, after switching from the trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I find that the formula is so much denser and provides such good coverage on top of any base. It sets my under eyes and oily areas perfectly, keeping them matte for hours. This along with the Infalliable foundation make a great drugstore duo and are so reliable in keeping everything in place. My favourite way to apply this is by swiping my Real Techniques sponge in the powder and pressing firmly onto the skin. I then like to take a large fluffy brush and add a light dusting to the less oily areas on my face - this will give me a flawless base every time!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer | £4.19
At first I was a little unsure about this but as I've got used to the formula and found the best way to apply it, it's fast become one of my favourite affordable concealers. The formula is light and creamy and has a medium coverage when built up. With its demi matte finish it really does last for hours. I find it does oxidise on me a little, so I have to be weary when using a paler foundation, but for the price you can't complain really. I use shade fair which is super bright in the tube but does darken slightly on the skin, but not so much you can tell. I do really like it though, otherwise I wouldn't keep re buying it! I'm just sad that I didn't try it any sooner.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil | £8
Admittedly, I've not tried many brow products from different brands but I have tried out several from NYX to see which suited me best. I do like the Brow Pomade but this double ended pencil for me is such a good tool. On one end you have the super thin pencil which carves out brows so naturally and on the other end a spoolie brush to blend the product in. I like that the pencil is waxy and requires a little bit of pressure rather than coming off creamy and too dark, so you can really build it up where you need to. I actually use the brush all the time, even if I'm not using the pencil, I just love how it softens any harsh lines.

Rimmel Lasting Perfection Lipstick | £6.49
Something you may see featured a lot on this blog are these beautiful pink metallic lipsticks. There are quite a few Rimmel lipstick ranges by Kate Moss now but this 15th anniversary collection has to be the best yet. There's nothing I love more than nude lips and I found my perfect shade in this collection - Boho Nude. They are really creamy and comfortable to wear and just generally great quality lipsticks. I'm always grabbing these when I want a break from matte formulas. They make the perfect photo props too as they're so photogenic, but also look really nice sat on my dressing table.


What are your favourite drugstore products?


Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


No comments