Powered by Blogger.

Current Skincare Favourites


Skincare has always been an ongoing struggle for me, not knowing if I can use certain ingredients on my skin, worrying if products are going to break me out, going from something working for my skin to not at all etc etc. I've come to the point where I've thrown out half of my things and simplified my skincare dramatically, and found that certain brands work well for me. Here are my current favourites..



Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush
The first and the best thing I'm loving is this cleansing brush from Clinique. I've been wanting one for SO long and now I have one, I just don't know why I didn't get one sooner. It is advised that you only use for 30 seconds once a day when you begin using it, and gradually edge your way up to a minute and twice a day. I'm currently using it for a minute once a day and I prefer to use at night to thoroughly remove my makeup. The bristles are so soft and gently vibrate over your skin, which doesn't feel like much until afterwards when your skin feels as fresh as ever. I love how it leaves my skin feeling and I've noticed everyday I wake up, my skin has improved since the previous.

Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap
This is one of the cleansers I've been using with the cleansing brush, and probably my favourite. I'm really sad it's just a miniature travel sized one now as I'm going to have to buy the full bottle now! It's a soft and creamy cleanser containing seaweed pieces which gently exfoliate the skin, but not too much. It's suitable for sensitive skin and is anti inflammatory which I love, it leaves my skin feeling oil free and so soft.

The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Exfoliator
I've got a little thing for seaweed at the minute. This is probably the best face exfoliator I've used from the Body Shop for properly buffing at the skin without being too gentle or vigorous. I've been using this every other day so I don't scrub my face away. It contains jojoba beads which really get into your pores to cleanse and exfoliate and leaves your skin feeling polished.

Mario Badescu Drying Cream
I've been using this product almost everyday lately, I can't get enough of it. It's a thick, light brown and almost paste-like cream which you dab and blend into affected areas and leave to dry. It doesn't have the best smell to it but that doesn't bother me too much. I will use this after cleansing, toning, moisturising etc as my last step in my evening skincare routine. Each day I've used it I've noticed a difference the next morning and it's slowly helping to fade on the surface spots away. I'm loving this brands products at the minute!




What are your current skincare favourites?

No comments