Powered by Blogger.

New Years Eve Beauty Picks


New Year's Eve is always a prominent day for makeup lovers, finally being able to use that super shimmery eyeshadow or luxurious lipstick you've been saving for weeks. I'm guilty of buying and saving products especially for a special occasion, but it makes the day that much more exciting. I think I'm going to stay in this year which is something I haven't done for years, but that won't stop me dressing up! Here are my picks for New Years Eve this year:

Clinqiue Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer
This is my current favourite 'high end' foundation although I'm not sure you can call it that. It's quite similar to the Estée Lauder Double wear in that it's full coverage and long lasting, but I feel like this looks less cakey on. It makes my skin look healthy and hydrated, which is a change from constantly wearing matte foundations.

Laura Geller The Delectables Eyeshadow Palette in Delicious Shades of Nude
I've been lusting after this for months and my Mum surprised me with it for Christmas! I can't wait to use it for New Year's Eve, all the shades are so sophisticated. I will be trying out the deep khaki greens as green isn't necessarily a colour I would use for everyday makeup.

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey
This is a very pretty golden illuminator in the cutest swirl pattern, which I haven't actually used yet. It's perfect for highlighting bronzed skin making it all glowy and radiant. I've done a swatch of it below and it's a very subtle golden shimmer.

Kiko Cosmetics Cream Crush Eyeshadow in 05 Pearly Silver Rose
I've been wearing this a lot over Christmas, I absolutely love it. I thought it was going to be a sort of pinky shimmer but it actually comes off silver and is very pigmented and glittery. It's perfect for adding a touch of sparkle to the center of your eyelids.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara in Very Black
I got this just before Christmas especially for the festive season and I'm loving how dark and bold it makes my lashes compared to the regular Lash Sensational. This is definitely a must have for statement eye makeup.

Essie Nail Paint in A Cut Above
This is what I'll be painting my nails with tomorrow ready for the new year and my birthday. Glittery nail paints are effective used alone or over another shade for something a bit more fancy. Essie ones just always look a bit more luxurious and sparkly.



From top to bottom;

Kiko Cream Crush eyeshadow in 05 Pearly Silver Rose

Laura Geller Gelato Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey

No comments