Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger Diaries | Cliona Hill


Today I'm talking to Irish beauty Cliona from Cliona Hill who you very may well of heard of! Ive been following her for quite a while now and I just love her style. She recently completed 31 days of flatlays and I seriously admire her dedication, you could just see how much time and effort had gone into each pretty photo. She proves that you don't need any fancy or expensive equipment to produce top quality content, and I love that. I hope you enjoying getting to know her a bit more as much as I did!

What first attracted you to join the blogging world?
My Sister's friend has had a lifestyle blog since I was a child and when I was a teenager I started reading her posts. I fell in love with blogging and as I started to follow a few more bloggers I discovered the fashion and beauty blogging niche, and I knew then I wanted to start blogging myself one day. I finally got the courage to start my own blog in January 2014 and I'm so glad I did!

What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Definitely meeting and chatting with fellow bloggers that you have lots in common with. I've met some amazing people both in real life and online that inspire and motivate me everyday!

What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
Writers block and not having enough time to dedicate to blogging can be really disheartening! I love blogging so much but when I'm busy or struggling with writers block I always feel so guilty.

If anything, what has blogging taught you so far?
Blogging has taught me lots of new skills and it's helped me discover what career and University course I wanted to do. I had always wanted to be in the creative industry doing something related to fashion or beauty but I always thought because I couldn't draw or do art in school that I could never pursue that dream. But blogging has taught me that there are many other aspects of creativity!

In an average month, how much would you normally spend on beauty products?
Usually, €50-80. Some months I won't buy anything or just the basics i.e if my cleanser runs out and I don't have a backup so then the next month I would tend to spend more on beauty products. I don't go on nights out or drink so buying makeup and skincare products are kinda 'my thing'.

Have you discovered many brands through blogging?
Yes, I've discovered too many brands through blogging which is a good and bad thing I suppose! Bad for my bank balance but great for me to try a wide range of products from different brands. I've discovered so many of my favourite brands though blogging such as Hourglass, Charlotte Tilbury, Becca, Tanya Burr Cosmetics, The Balm and lots more!

Which would you say are your favourite/most used brands?
Definitely Nars and Charlotte Tilbury! Not a day goes by where I don't use at least one of their products! I always feel so confident whenever I use their products. And I have to admit I'm weak when it comes to pretty packaging and it's so hard to resist Charlotte Tilbury's gorgeous packaging!

On an average morning, how long would you spend getting ready?
I can usually get ready within 30 minutes when I have an early start. It used to take me so much longer but since I've started preparing the night before I've reduced the amount of time I need.

What would you say is your biggest achievement so far when it comes to blogging?
Being a finalist for best youth blog in the Blog Awards Ireland at the end of 2014 was an amazing feeling! I still can't believe I made it to the final stage!

Do you have any tips on how to make your blog stand out?
Having clear, bright images and engaging with fellow blogger's content. The quality of camera phones are improving all the time and there's lots of free software to edit photos (I use A Colour Story which is a free app on my phone!) so you don't need to have fancy equipment to get clear, bright images. Engaging with other bloggers and supporting their content is a great way to get to know people and they'll usually support your content too.



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments