Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger Diaries | Alice May Snell


If you've been following my posts over the last few weeks you'll know that I began a series in which I get to know other bloggers. My previous posts have featured Fran from Francisca May and Leanne from Lpage Beauty - 2 of my go-to beauty bloggers - who talked all things beauty, blog tips and even some personal life.

Today I'm talking to the lovely Alice from Alice May Snell who I've been following for a fair few months now. Her content is so refreshing to read, with beautifully arranged eye-catching photos and a very professional-looking blog to go with it. She has done really well for herself with her blog so I'm really glad she wanted to feature and let us get to know her a bit more!


What first attracted you to join the blogging world? 
I became interested in beauty and lifestyle blogging when I was at college studying creative media, blogging was part of one of our projects and after discovering so many amazing blogs, I really wanted to give it a go myself. I wanted to share the skills and love for makeup that I already had and felt like creating a blog was the best way to do this, as well as putting my design skills to good use.

What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Everything! I love writing my content, styling my photos and especially publishing my posts and seeing the response from my readers. I have made some amazing friends through blogging and I just adore the community, it's so friendly and inviting.

Is there anything you find difficult about blogging?

Finding enough time to work on my content! I work full time and so I usually only really have the weekends to work on my blog, which is fine but sometimes I run out of time and wish I could do it more often and throughout the week.

What kind of posts do you enjoy writing the most?

I really enjoy writing more lifestyle based posts especially recently, I like sharing my tips and tricks and just generally writing about things I have experienced. My blog has definitely evolved from being based all about beauty to being a mixture of the two.

In an average month, how much would you normally spend on beauty products?
I'd say around £50. This is a really rough estimate as some months I won't buy anything at all and other months there may be several new releases that I want to buy. I try not to spend as much as I used to as when I first started, I spent so much money on a lot of products that I never ended up using!

What would you say is your number one most used product?
Seventeen Stay Time concealer, 100%. This is one of the only concealers that is pale, doesn't dry my skin out and actually gives good coverage. Boots recently confirmed it had been discontinued so I stocked up when I could and I now have 18 in the cupboard! If you can get your hands on it then definitely do, it's my holy grail for sure.

If you had to choose between foundation or mascara, which would it be?

Ooh this is tricky. I think I'd say foundation because I hate my skin without any sort of coverage. Although it can look a bit odd wearing foundation without mascara, as long as I could curl my lashes I wouldn't mind too much.

On an average morning, how long would you spend getting ready?

My alarm goes off at 06:00 and I leave the house at 07:30, so an hour and a half. In this time I have a shower, wash my hair, do my makeup, pick an outfit, pack my bag and have breakfast.

What would you say is your biggest achievement so far when it comes to blogging?

When my blog hit 1,000 followers it was one of the best feelings ever. I remember feeling so proud and I did have a little cry! I also feel really proud of all the brands such as Rimmel London and Yves Saint Laurent, who have contacted me to work on content, that's an incredible feeling.

Do you have any tips on how to run a successful blog?
My advice to anyone would be to ensure you blog for the right reasons and always create content that you love, and would want to read yourself. Although I sometimes lack in this but consistency is really key, try to keep your content regular and have a set schedule, so your readers know when to come back for more. I thinks it's also important to ensure your writing and photography is of a high standard to make your blog stand out from the crowd.



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest


No comments