Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger Diaries | Francisca May


Welcome to my first in the series of 'The Blogger Diaries' - a brand new, fun and chatty series I'll be posting fortnightly right here on my blog featuring some of mine as well as your favourite Bloggers. I'll be delving right in to get to know the person behind the blog, asking a variety of questions ranging from their beauty routine to blog tips and tricks. This is something quite different for me so I'm really hoping for a good response!

So my first interviewee is the lovely Fran from Francisca May. She is one of my favourite beauty bloggers and just recently featured in my Bloggers who deserve a bigger following post. I adore her content and photography skills so I was thrilled when she kindly agreed to be my first feature! I'm just going to go ahead and jump right in as I don't want to ramble on too much, so get comfy, and enjoy reading my mini interview with Fran.



What first attracted you to join the blogging world?
Believe it or not, I first started blogging when I was 13! Granted it wasn't about beauty (I didn't start wearing makeup till I was about 19, good heavens), but I was a teen full of angst and decided everyone needed to know that the world was ending because I broke up with my boyfriend. Hint: It really wasn't! I guess my blog helped me to express myself and act as a little diary of sorts.

How do you get inspiration and ideas for your posts?
Oh dear, that's the hardest part! I have to admit, I cheat a little and get tons of inspiration from other bloggers, namely Lily from Pint Sized Beauty. But I also try to type posts I know I'd enjoy reading, which for me is the key to blogging. Worry about your audience, yes, but write about thing's you're passionate about - everyone will be able to tell and you also ensure you don't lose the passion for blogging along the way.

What are your favourite types of posts to write and photograph?
Oh, tricky. Well, I suppose my favourites would be brand focused posts (especially my Tilbs, you know I love my Tilbs) but also little edits, like seasonal edits, affordable/high end picks and so on.

What are your favourite types of posts to read?
Definitely either beauty hauls (I'm a nosey peach) or specific posts like current makeup favourites, morning/evening routines, etc.

In an average month, how much would you normally spend on beauty products?
Cally, don't do this to me haha! I think everyone knows I have a soft spot for high end beauty so I'd say about 50 to 60 pounds in an average month.

What would you say is your most used beauty product?
My Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks! It's so sad but all my other lipsticks (even bloody expensive high end ones) are sat collecting dust in my acrylic storage, haha. I only have 5 but I rotate among those everyday. I'm not kidding when I say they're the only lipsticks I wear!

If you could only use 3 beauty brands for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Charlotte Tilbury (can I please just have a little help here CT, I'm going bankrupt because of you!), L'Oreal (because of the foundations) and NARS. Argh, so hard to choose!

On an average weekday, how long would it take you to get ready?
I know people probably don't believe me, but I get ready in 5-10 minutes! I'm always in a rush to get to work as the commute is quite long, so I only have time to shower, blow dry my hair and slap on a little bit of foundation, bronzer, blusher and lipstick before I have to rush out the door!

What would you say is your biggest achievement so far when it comes to blogging?
Definitely being featured in the 13th issue of the Blogosphere magazine! I swear I never in a million years thought it'd be possible. I was gobsmacked when I got the email, my chin must of broken when it fell to my feet I was that shocked! It was surreal to flick through the magazine  and see my name. My Mum nearly cried haha!

Do you have any tips on making your blog stand out from the crowd?
It's so hard to do that these days, isn't it? To be fair though, I don't have any dreams of grandeur when it comes to blogging. I don't put pressure on myself anymore. I write about things I'm passionate about, things I'd like to read myself and whatever comes from it, I'll gladly accept and appreciate it. I just think that it's important to stay true to yourself  and invest in content you enjoy creating, whether or not it brings in the views. Being proud of your blog is priceless, so staying true to yourself will have the readers trickle in sooner or later!


If you would like to feature in any future posts, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter or Instagram below


No comments