Powered by Blogger.

Autumn Beauty Picks


Although Autumn tends to be associated with warm orange hues and bold colours with makeup and fashion, it's also a good time to play around with cool, pastel tones.
For me personally, cool tones suit my colouring more than warm so I like to play around with both looks on different days depending on my outfit, tan, hair etc. I've put together some picks from my collection that I'll be using this Autumn:

This is the ultimate cool-toned smokey Autumn/winter palette and would probably suit fair complexions the best. I love the metallic greys and saturated matte shades in this, the colours all work really well together and create effortless day or night time smokey looks. I also really appreciate how white the matte highlight shade is in this palette as others tend to opt for a more neutral highlight.

Soap & Glory Solar Powder bronzer | £11
For me, Autumn isn't really about being bronzed and glowy but I will still use bronzer. This one is fairly neutral toned with a nice balance between warm and ash colours. It's handy to use one or the other, or mix both together as it's all in one pan.

Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl eyeliner in Super Black | £5
Super black eyes are an Autumn thing for me from eyeliner to mascara, and this is the pencil liner that I will use to line my eyes with as it's rich, creamy and really is 'super black'. It glides on easy with just one stroke and stays put, not sure if it's waterproof as it doesn't say but I feel like it is.
The eyeliner pen to match as it's equally as black and easy to use. This is a really good one if you aren't too great at precise wings, or to use without even creating a wing as it has a felt-like tip so is a little thicker and sturdy.


NYX Soft Matte lip cream in Budapest | £5.50
(Left swatch) This is brand new to my collection and the newest of my soft matte lip creams. I was a little hesitant in ordering this but after looking at swatches online it looked nice and suitable for the new season as well as my skin tone. The colour is rich and creamy just like the others and I can't wait to try it this weekend!
(Right swatch) This is an old favourite and almost an all year round kind of colour but I had to include it in here. It's a lovely brown-pink undertoned shade that I think would suit almost anyone. As you can see the pay off on the skin is totally opaque as well as rich and creamy, with a satin kind of finish.

Essie Nail Polish in Bordeaux | £7.99
A must-have berry coloured nail polish is this bold one from Essie. This is my favourite kind of colour on my nails and the quality of this is much better than cheaper alternatives. It's super shiny and glossy looking and isn't prone to chipping.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Almond | £3.99
A cooler alternative I'm loving at the minute is this kind of lilac-grey one. I didn't used to like light opaque colours on me until this, which does have a kind of gel-like finish. The results can be impressive with 2 layers a top coat!


What are your Autumn must haves?



No comments