Powered by Blogger.

Sensitive Skin Care


I don't know how but I've only just recently come to the realisation that I have sensitive skin. I guess I've been in denial constantly believing that I fall under the 'normal skin' category.
After recently going through flare ups with my skin and constantly battling with products that I had no idea if they were or weren't causing it, I decided to give some sensitive skin care a try. Since using these products I feel like this is the kind of thing I should of been using all along and am now always on the look out for new items to add to my collection hence the recent burst of skincare posts. These are the products I'm currently using:

This is a refreshing micellar water which also gentley cleanses, tones and moisturises. It is recommended for all skin types as it's a natural, oil-free and non-drying formula containing peach, goji berry, aloe and cucumber juices. I find this really soothing and hydrating, and it also smells lovely and peachy - just as you'd expect from Soap & Glory.

This is a lightweight moisturiser formulated for sensitive skin which can't take heavy cream products. It contains active ingredients and vitamins and is fragrance, colour and chemical free and doesn't leave your face shiny or feeling greasy. I like to use this occasionally in the mornings to freshen up my skin without encouraging any oil to produce.

An overnight serum containing Glycolic Acid which targets pores, fine lines and wrinkles and refines the skin. This product can be used on sensitive skin as it contains Aloe Vera which is soothing. I do find it cooling and soothing and is a really lightweight night time serum that causes no irritation.

This is a classic and affordable sensitive skin care product which helps to sooth, calm and repair damaged/broken/acne prone skin. The only down side to this is that it doesn't absorb into the skin, so is best used as a mask and washed off after desired amount of time. I find it works a treat with angry flare ups.

Another lightweight product which calms the skin at the same time as targeting blemishes. Tea tree is a natural skin soother as well as bacteria killer but this product is also mattifying. I use this about once a week to help clear my skin but will only apply it at night time as it can set on the skin which (for me) isn't suitable for a makeup base. 

Aloe Soothing Gel £9.50
As the name suggests this is a soothing gel which also cools and moisturises. This is alcohol and fragrance-free which contains Community Trade organic aloe vera. It can be used under makeup but I find it slightly sticky so tend to keep it to night time use. Most well known for calming sunburn this is also a great product for redness or irritated skin. This is one of The Body Shop's Beauty Gems!

This intensive, lightweight leave-on cream mask is specified for sensitive skin, which gently soothes, nourishes and hydrates. This is also fragrance, colour and fragrance-free and is ideal for a weekly treatment. I use this about twice a week and will leave it on over night and love the soft feeling it leaves on my skin the next day.

La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar | £24.50 - £29.50
This is a sample cream from the Pigmentclar range which is specifically formulated for sensitive, uneven or discoloured skin. A product I rate highly as its so versatile to use in the morning as well as evening, it really does even out the skin tone. A little pricey compared to the rest but this brand bases all of their products on sensitive skin so will use only the best and most suitable ingredients.


Which products do you use for sensitive skin?




No comments