Powered by Blogger.

August Beauty Favourites


This months round up of my most loved beauty products mainly consists of new skincare. I haven't bought many new things recently - a couple of these I actually bought in July but have began to use daily throughout August. I like to do my monthly favourites every other month as I don't tend to buy many exciting products so wouldn't want to bore you talking about the same old things! I have discovered a couple of new brands in August though and have found some new firm favourites.


3ina Metallic Eyeshadow in '502 Copper'
Whilst browsing the 3ina range on Asos I came across this copper-coloured shadow and I just had to get it. It's my perfect everyday shade as it isn't too warm-toned and has a nice satin finish - which is my favourite finish in a shadow. I find that copper shades suit my blue eyes the most and tend to compliment them more than other shades do. So this is one of the metallic shadows but I would say it's a very subtle metallic, nothing too bold or shimmery. It isn't my favourite formula in the world - it's kind of dry really but I always wet my brush when I apply shadows like these anyway. I love the colour and as I said it comes off with a subtle shimmery finish and is perfect for everyday wear.

E.l.f Cosmetics Bronzer Palette
I got this palette back in July along with the e.l.f baked highlighter as I wanted to try some powder products from the brand. It has 4 neutral-toned shades, two of which are matte and two are shimmery. I've been mainly using the top left shade as it's the lightest in the palette - and I do love a light bronzer. When I'm after something a bit more glowy I use the top right shade and it's not overly glittery or shimmery at all, it's really subtle. I've been really impressed with the palette overall and would definitely recommend it to anyone who prefers a softer looking bronzer.


The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer
I recently spoke about this product in my post Discovering The Ordinary. As mentioned in the post, it was love at first use and my opinion didn't change from the first use until now. I really love it! It's fairly thick but really smooths and softens the skin, without making your skin look shiny or feeling tacky. It leaves a velvety-soft base and blurs all those pores out without clogging them up. It's definitely my new favourite primer and I can see my self repurchasing and repurchasing.

The Ordinary Salicylic Acid
Another product from The Ordinary which I now love is this acid spot treatment. I've been using it every single night and it definitely does reduce spots and make the skin look and feel fresher. It can be drying if you apply too much though so you have to be careful. This is the 15ml size but you can now buy it in 30ml which is really good to hear as it can go down quite quick especially with use everyday. I still can't believe how cheap this brand is when the products are such high quality!

Garnier SkinActive Rose Moisturiser
I was really suprised with this moisturiser when I first started using it. I expected it to just be a standard light-weight moisturiser but it's actually really creamy and nourishing. It's got a lovely rose scent and feels soothing on the skin. Again, I've been using this everyday in the mornings before makeup application and I think it makes a really good base (along with the primer). The rose range as a whole is really great as well as affordable, I love the toner as well.



What have you been loving this month?



Remember you can keep up to date with my posts here:


Bloglovin | Instagram  | Twitter | Pinterest

No comments