Powered by Blogger.

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask | Review


Everyone loves a good face mask, and especially since Christmas is just around the corner it's the perfect excuse to start pampering and prepping your skin. The Body Shop are notorious for their variety of face masks from clay to cream, and I don't know about you but when I think of face masks I always think of them.
The Himalayan Charcoal mask is a fairly recent mask to launch, along with the others from the Superfood range. This one stood out for me more than the rest as it specified in targeting pores and drawing out impurities, leaving the skin fresh and glowing. It is also 100% vegan and includes ingredients such as bamboo charcoal, green tea leaves and organic tea tree oil. I'm a bit late to the party first trying this but I finally got my hands on it recently and couldn't wait to see what the fuss was about.


The product is held inside a good quality, stylish black glass pot which looks very much spa-like, making it much more appealing opposed to just a plastic tub. The formula looks like a clay mask but isn't as heavy or thick, with quite large visible particals inside which I'm assuming are the bamboo pieces. I only really ever use clay masks so having bits in was a little weird putting on my face to begin with, but once my face was covered I did feel like I was having a professional spa treatment.

The mask has a sort of tingle sensation to it, which I didn't know until after I first used it (I just thought it was burning my face) so it was reassuring to read that this was meant to happen. The mask dries pretty quickly, in 5-10 minutes and I washed off after 10 as recommended. I found it pretty tough to remove first time as I applied quite a thick layer (I literally couldn't move a muscle in my face) and the particals in it made it a little harder as I didn't want to scratch at my skin. When it was fully removed however, my face actually felt amazing! I could really feel that all my impurities had been removed and purified. A fresh, glowing feeling that none of the standard masks from The Body Shop can compare to. I was really impressed. After a couple of uses my skin began feeling really clean and detoxified, and my pores looked more refined.

I would say about this mask however, that I don't think it would be best for very sensitive or delicate skin as it could be a little too harsh with the tingling and the texture of it, especially when washing off. But for skin that needs a deep clean or exfoliation then it's definitely something you need to try!


Have you tried this mask?



6 comments

  1. This charcoal shaving cream kit makes a perfect gift for your dads and spouse. For men, the product contains shaving cream coupled with a face wash that offers cleaning and detoxifying benefits.

    Visit here : Charcoal face mask review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charcoal Peel Off Mask; Top positive review · The peel-off mask is really good, I used it on my face 2 times and got amazing results just after the use.

    Visit here : Charcoal face mask review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listed here you'll learn it is important, them offers the link in an helpful webpage: Satta king online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good, i love this face mask! i got it as a gift and it got rid of my invisible pimple over night!

    ReplyDelete